Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Blame TheBloggess

**WARNING**
**Slight shoulder nudity**

This weekend we went down to Ptown for multiple reasons. I had my bday dinner with my dad, siblings, and paternal grandparents. (my mother & other grandparents sent their gift with the kids). Then we went to our friends' house for her birthday.

I had been super excited to stay at our inlaws house because they have a huge jetted tub. Mil lets me take a bath whenever because she knows how envious I am of that tub. So, Sunday I wake up and my husband was occupied watching tv. He suggested I take a bath before we left. I think I was running to it before he finished talking.

This tub is glorious. The bday friend gave me a Scentsy bath tab that I had used the day before. Today, I wasn't using jets, just a hot bubble bath. I was sitting there, reading TheBloggess' book Let's Pretend This Never Happened on my Kindle, completely engulfed in it. After a bit, the jets came on, spitting out air to get rid of excess water. When the whole tub was filled. With bubbles.

I panicked BUT I did move the Kindle to higher ground. I'm yelling for my husband to come and help me, but I only got the dog. I don't know if the dog understood the panic in my voice, but when I told him to "go get dad" he turned and went to get him. I'm trying to shut the jets off, but since those weren't the right jets, they wouldn't shut off. So the bubbles grew. And grew.

When my dear husband finally came (and told me to pull the drain), he took a precious moment to take in the scene and laugh his ass off. To his credit, it was pretty comical. The bath was overflowing with bubbles. In my panic-induced delirium, I said "I kinda wish we had a picture". Horrible thing to say. Because my husband whipped out his phone and took a picture.


Thank gawd I got all the bubbles back in the tub, and down the drain. By the way, the picture didn't show I had cleaned up some over the overflow.

So really, if I hadn't been reading TheBloggess's book, I wouldn't have had a bubble issue. But I did have a good story to tell.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That's funny (and something that would totally happen to me).

    Also, I love that tub.

    ReplyDelete